So I decided that I hate tax season. don't get me wrong, accounting is a great profession, but during busy season, being the wife of an accountant kind of stinks. Chris leaves before me and JEter get up in the morning, then doesn't get home til 7:3- or 8, then we gotta go to bed by 10 cause Chris gets up so early. So I get like 2 hours to hang out with my hubby, which isn't enough. Anyways enough of me complaining because I really am so thankful for his job and where we're at in our life...but I'm already looking forward to non-busy season. So what do I do with my time you ask? of course me and Jeter play all day. but I have been doing a few projects, two are pictured, and I painted a few things...which I'm not sure how I feel about them.
Also to get out of the house me and Jeter go for walks if it's not too cold. we just go around our little circle like 2 or 3 times since I don't know the rest of the neighborhood well enough!
so these are curtains for Jeter's room.. and yes they look funny, after getting opinions from Chris and my sister, Katie, I made them longer, so now they actually go all the way to the bottom of the widow, they look much better.
Then this is what I did in mine and Chris's room, I loved the little quote "Loved you then" (with a pic of when we first started dating) "Love you still" (pic of us now) "And Always will (pic of us in the temple.) I put this on because I'd like some opinions if anyone actually reads this blog, to tell me if it looks alright, I love trying these new crafts, but they never turn out like I have pictured in my head! anyways, until next time!
I was the office manager for a CPA firm in Portland, I totally understand about tax season! I always felt bad for the accountants, a lot of them worked every Saturday from January to April. Has anyone called you a tax widow yet? At least the rest of the year isn't so bad and you have a cute little chunk to hang out with!
ReplyDelete1.Yeah, that is no fun, him having to work so late all the time. That really sucks. If you ever get bored or lonely, you're welcome to come and visit, even unannounced (or we can come out there too...it's not like me and the kids ever do anything)!
ReplyDelete2. Even if Jeter isn't a chunk like you wanted, he is still SOOOOO cute. I still think he has the prettiest lips and eyes and his little mohawk cracks me up, because it has such a perfect little curl! Elle has almost matched him for weight....she is almost 13 pounds, so if you want to play with a chunker, she's always available :)
3. I think the pictures looks really cute. I even like the saying. I'm not really big on vinyl wall sayings, but I honestly think that's a cute one and it looks good with the pictures. I might steal the idea.
Looks like you're keeping busy even with Chris gone! You've done so many cute things! Hope you're doing good down there, miss ya!
ReplyDeleteUgh. I remember when we moved from Cedar to Vegas and I went from friends, work and no kid to no work, no friends and a kid. IT will get easier and eventually the hours will just speed by and you won't know what ever happened to your day. :) If you ever need to chat give me a call!!
ReplyDeleteNikki, your little boy is so cute! I was a nanny for a summer for a baby boy and he and I used to go on a walk every morning! Also- I feel ya when you say you never see your husband!! I like the projects you've been working on, very cute. Just the other day I used the same little quote that you used with your pics in a photo book I'm making, thats been my project lately. Glad to see you and your little family are doing well! I live in Pleasant Grove, we should get together sometime if you're ever bored!:)
ReplyDelete