Thursday, April 28, 2011

finding joy in my job

as the school year has 5 weeks left, I have been trying to look for the good in my kids and my job. So here are a few funny things that make me laugh, and make me realize even though my kids have spring fever, and are a little crazy, it's okay.

Incident one: One day a boy comes up to my desk and says, "Mrs. Jeffery, I don't feel well." I said "Well, what kind of not well?" The boy leans closer and whispers, "Diarrhea." And I said, "So your stomach hurts?" "Yeah" "Well you should probably go to the bathroom then." He replies, "but Mrs. Jeffery I can't go number 2 in a public restroom."....suddenly I feel like me and him just hit a whole new level to our student-teacher relationship.

Incident two: I was testing a student on their reading level, they read a story about a scientist who invented a pill that could make you immortal. I asked him at the end of the story, why do you think this scientist would be famous? and he replied, "Because he invented immorality." I had to try really hard not to laugh, and continue on with the testing.

incident 3: The kids were finished with recess, and lined up ready to go inside. We were talking about how you act differently once you step through the doors to go back inside. So I asked the question, "what are somethings you do out side that you can't do inside?" a few hands were raised, but it was dead silent, and this little sweet 4th grade boy farted very loudly. Everyone including me turned to look at him, and he had the widest grin on this face. The whole lien busted up, and one of my 6th grade boys replied to my question, "That." as he's rolling on the ground laughing....sometimes I forget what age maturity I'm dealing with here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so funny Nik! I could listen to those stories all day! You look so cute preg! I cant believe you are that far along! I hope the rest of your school year goes good!!

    ReplyDelete