
Okay so first I'll start with the good news, Chris got a job!!! yay!!!! I am so excited, and it's probablaly for selfish reasons, like I finally get to stay home with Jeter all day, everyday and just be a mom! life time dream, coming true. So he starts Jan. 3rd the Accounting firm is up in Salt Lake, so next we gotta find apartments. We are looking at some nice places to rent for a while until we decide we really like this firm, and they are for reals, and then we'll look for a house to buy while we're renting. So We are thinking an apartment in Sandy, West Jordan, Murray, or we have one we like in Salt lake city, it said it's kind of west salt lake it looks like a really nice area....are there any places I need to avoid while looking? or better yet, what are the nice towns that would be safe to live in? I'm nervous moving to the big city, the biggest city I've lived in in Cedar city, and even here I'm a little nervous to go out by myself at night time. ha ha-I've lived a sheltered life! Anyways WE took Jeter to his first SUU basketball game to cheer for his Uncle Jaren, who plays for SUU. We also dressed him up for Halloween as superman, and painted pumpkins, had the Jeffery's over for a little Halloween party with Carmel apples, a movie, and lunch. Holiday's are so much funnier with a kid around!

Bathtime


Getting ready to go to the basketball game with his awesome SUU shirt.

After the game with Uncle Jaren, who just played. I made Jeter's shirt so it has the same number as Jaren's jersey.

Me and Jeter dressed up for Halloween, he was Superman!

Jeter holding his pumpkin . in case you can't tell, Chris made an "angry bird" out of his pumpkin.

Super man, to the rescue!
Such a cute baby! He looks just like you Nik, congrats on the job! Once you live in the city you'll never go back, trust me!
ReplyDeleteDON'T live in West Vally, Magna, Rose Park, Kearns, Taylorsville or basically anywhere west of the freeway until you get to about 9000 South, regardless of how nice an area looks. I flat out refused to live west of the freeway, until you get to about West Jordan. I would also avoid certain areas of Salt Lake. If you find a place you're thinking about in Salt Lake, tell me the address, and I'll tell you if it's a safe area (and Alex can tell you how much crime happens there). Sandy, Murry and West Jordan are all pretty nice, but they do have their "trashy" areas so just be careful. Areas that are pretty clean and safe: Sugarhouse, the U of U, Millcreek, 9th and 9th (but not west of Liberty Park), and the Foothill area and those areas are all in Salt Lake proper.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you remember me but we were in the married ward together with Bishop Reynolds. Anyway I found your blog so I hope you don't mind. BUT we just moved to South Jordan in May and we live in Daybreak and absolutely love it. I'm like you and have never lived in the big city either but Daybreak is it's own community and I feel pretty safe here. We rent a townhouse here so you could check it out! My husband works in downtown SL and it's not too bad of a commute for him usually around 30 min.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new JOB! Wahoo!! Jeter is adorable, hopefully next time we are in Delta we will get to see you guys and meet him! We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteHey! I live in Salt Lake and Aysia told me you were moving up here. Yaayy! Our apartments are the best deal we were able to find in the Salt Lake area.. at least in this general area. If you want more info call/text me!! 4359796406
ReplyDelete